Effective Date: July 1, 2013
With Workplace Employability Supplemental Task List
National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
101 Blue Seal Drive,S.E., Suite 101, Leesburg, VA 20175
Excerpts from Automobile Program Accreditation Standards
Personal Standards (see Standard 7.9)
1. Reports to work daily on time; able to take directions and motivated to accomplish the task at hand.
2. Dresses appropriately and uses language and manners suitable for the workplace.
3. Maintains appropriate personal hygiene.
4. Meets and maintains employment eligibility criteria, such as drug/alcohol-free status, clean driving record, etc.
5. Demonstrates honesty, integrity and reliability.
Work Habits / Ethic (see Standard 7.10)
1. Complies with workplace policies/laws.
2. Contributes to the success of the team, assists others and requests help when needed.
3. Works well with all customers and coworkers.
4. Negotiates solutions to interpersonal and workplace conflicts.
5. Contributes ideas and initiative.
6. Follows directions.
7. Communicates (written and verbal) effectively with customers and coworkers.
8. Reads and interprets workplace documents; writes clearly and concisely.
9. Analyzes and resolves problems that arise in completing assigned tasks.
10. Organizes and implements a productive plan of work.
11. Uses scientific, technical, engineering and mathematics principles and reasoning to accomplish assigned tasks.
12. Identifies and addresses the needs of all customers, providing helpful, courteous and knowledgeable service and advice as needed.